Welcome to Biohackers Toronto!
We are a community of health nerds who get together to learn about health topics and share our biohacking experiences. Our mission is health optimization!
Connect in the real world! Join us at our in-person events!
What is Biohacking?
Biohacking is the art and science of taking control of your own biology, changing the environment inside and outside yourself to achieve the health outcomes you want.
For many of us, biohacking is the next wellness frontier. It is an umbrella term for applying different modalities to our lives and observing which ones get us the outcomes we want.
Such modalities might include (but are not limited to):
What Outcomes Do You Desire?
Consider body-builders for example. Body builders have experimented with different weight lifting methods, low-carb diet and supplements in order to get the biological outcomes they want. What biological outcomes do body builders want? They usually want huge muscles and very low body fat.
But a body builder’s goals may not be the same as mine or yours. So while it is interesting to learn about how they applied different biohacks to help them reach their desired outcomes, I may apply only part of their strategies to achieve my own desired outcomes.
Can we put Chronic Diseases into Remission?
There are doctors out there, doing just that!
- Type 2 Diabetes: Toronto’s own Dr. Jason Fung shows how therapeutic fasting may be used to reverse insulin resistance in patients, resulting in the cessation of insulin therapy while maintaining control of their blood sugars. Here is an overview of how that works and here is a peer reviewed article Dr. Jason Fun and others published on the subject.
- Autoimmune Diseases: Dr. Terry Wahls put her own Multiple Sclerosis (MS) into remission through a series of strategies that included dietary intervention, and describes her journey in a TedX Talk. Here is one of her peer-reviewed journal articles on the subject.
- Food Sensitivities: Can food sensitivities be reversed? Dr. William Davis‘ latest book, Super Gut covers some of the latest studies on probiotics, our microbiome and the downstream issues of small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO). We held a talk on this!
We have no affiliation with any of these doctors. We are a social group of health nerds who follow these developments and introduce changes into our own lives to see what outcomes we can achieve.
What health outcomes can you achieve?
Upcoming & Recent Events
- Homesteading Festival: Optimize your FermentsJoin us on Saturday, October 14, 2023 at the Ontario Homesteading Festival, as we offer a short talk on how … Read more
- Kambo Sacred Frog MedicineJoin us on Thursday, September 21, 2023 at 7pm, at the Inner Center (near Keele and Sheppard) as we learn … Read more
- Sunrise by the LakeOn Sunday, August 27, 2023, we held a meetup to watch the sunrise together over lake Ontario. For some of us, getting up to see the sunrise every day is a new habit…
YEARS IN OPERATION
You agree to receive email communication from us by submitting this form. You may unsubscribe at any time.